0844 493 7789*
*Calls cost 7p per minute, plus your phone company’s access charge.
Mon - Fri 08:30 - 21:00
Sat 09:00 - 17:00
Sun 10:00 - 16:00
CLAIMS NUMBER - call 0333 400 7365
Convertible car
Get a Quote button
Retrieve Your Quote button

Car Insurance and MOTs

All vehicles used on public roads are legally required to have a valid tax disc, vehicle insurance (car insurance in this case) and for vehicles over 3 years old, a valid MOT certificate. The MOT was introduced to ensure that all vehicles used on the roads are of satisfactory condition.

It is only required for vehicles that are over three years old.

Many areas of the vehicle are inspected, including:

- Tyre tread depth
- Seat belts
- Lights
- Windscreen wipers
- Engine emissions

It is essential that you ensure your MOT certificate is kept up to date or you could invalidate your auto insurance should you need to make a claim and do not possess a valid MOT certificate. Police may also ask to see a valid MOT if they suspect that your vehicle is unfit to be on the road.

An MOT can only be carried out by registered test centres and are renewable every 12 months.

As car insurance specialists, Girl Motor likes to help wherever we can, if you need any more information about the information on this page or car insurance in general, please don't hesitate to contact us.