0844 493 7789*
*Calls cost 7p per minute, plus your phone company’s access charge.
Mon - Fri 08:30 - 21:00
Sat 09:00 - 17:00
Sun 10:00 - 16:00
CLAIMS NUMBER - call 0333 400 7365
Convertible car
Get a Quote button
Retrieve Your Quote button

Cheap Insurance for Your Holidays

The minimum legal requirements relevant to car insurance in the UK provide the compulsory cover needed by law in the EU and many other European countries.

To maintain the level of cover beyond the minimum required (for example to maintain comprehensive cover) the insured must provide the car insurance agent with full details prior to the event. They will require details and dates of the countries to be visited, the driver and use of car. An additional premium may be payable:

Some policies allow up to 30 days foreign use cover for free, but these still need to be notified to the agent to allow production of a 'Green card'.

International Car Insurance

The Green Card (or International Car Insurance Card) is proof that the vehicle holds the minimum legal cover applicable in that country and is so called because it is printed on green paper.

The purpose of the green card is to identify the insurer and the scheme is run within the UK by the Car Insurance Bureau who delegate the issue of cards to insurers and their agents.

We strongly advise that any of our customers who intend to drive abroad ensures that their policy allows foreign use.